‘The Favor of God’
As Christians, many know they have the favor of God but have trouble explaining it. What does it really mean? Do we experience the favor of God all of the time, just when we need it, or only when we do something good? Who gets to experience God’s favor? Did you know we can’t function in life without it? In this study we will explain the meaning of favor, how to declare it in your life every day, and a plan for changing your mind set toward God’s favor.
Favor defined in the bible is something that can’t be earned or bought (Ephesians 2:8-9). It is a free gift. He gave it to us without finding fault (Ephesians 1:6). Many people think that favor from God comes when they do good works or something morally good. However, that just leads to a person boasting about their own goodness instead of the goodness of God. What does it take to receive the favor of God and who can experience it? The faithful! That’s right, all you have to do is believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you have God’s favor (Proverbs 8:35; Psalm 30:5). You’ve got divine favor coming when Jesus Christ is revealed (to you) 1 Peter1:13. Yes, that’s right. All you had to do was accept Jesus as Lord and His favor is yours. It is not a one and done. It doesn’t have a time out or an expiration date. It’s all the time! As Christians, we have to change our mind set to ‘I HAVE FAVOR ALL THE TIME!’ Why? Because I still believe. You never stopped believing in Jesus, did you? No! If you did, you wouldn’t be reading this. Praise God! Just keep believing.
Favor has many meanings that are valuable to learn. It means supernatural increase (Ephesians 1:8), restoration (Isaiah 53:11), increase of assets (Mark 4:8), generous (Ephesians 1:7 AMP), great victories (1 Corinthians 15:57), prominence (1 Peter 2:9), receive preferential treatment (Matthew 18:12-14), petitions granted (Mark 11:24), and battles won that you didn’t have to fight (2 Chronicles 20:15; Psalm 108:13). For you, God will change policies, rules, laws, and regulations (Exodus 13:17). Looking at these definitions makes one have a different level of appreciation for the word favor.
God’s favor is a lifestyle. It isn’t just an act. Favor determines the limits on everyone’s destiny. It is what God uses to move a person forward with doors of opportunity that helps us reach our divine purpose. Favor is God’s way of taking us to the top. To the place where we are experiencing God’s best for our life, what He chose us to do. In Psalms 30:5, King David describes favor as how a person arrives at their destiny. “…but His favor lasts a lifetime!” Apostle Paul said in 1 Corinthians 15:10 that he was only who he was by God’s favor on his life. He would be nothing without that favor. “By the remarkable grace of God, I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not without affect. In fact, I worked harder than all of the apostles, though it was not I, but the grace of God (His unmerited favor and blessing which was) with me.” Both King David and the Apostle Paul knew that who they were and the life they lived was because of God’s favor. If it wasn’t for the favor in their lives, they wouldn’t be who they are nor have what they have. They wrote to tell us they are nothing without God’s favor.
Even our Lord and Savior, Jesus, was not exempt from needing the favor of God on His life. Here in the book of Luke, the greatest evangelist next to Jesus, said that He (Jesus) needed the favor of God to be effectively doing what He was doing for the Kingdom. Luke 2:52 says, “And Jesus increased in wisdom (in broad and full understanding) and in stature and years, and in favor with God and man.” Jesus increased and progressed in wisdom and favor with God and man, and so are you.
Have you ever asked a friend or a family member for a favor? The conversation might have gone like this.
‘Hey sister, will you do me a favor? Your sister says, sure, what is it? You respond with the favor you would like her to do.’
Did you know Jesus is waiting on you to ask Him for a favor in the same manner? Oh yes He is! In John 14:13-14 He is waiting to do something for you so the Father may be glorified. You can have the mind set to ask Jesus for a favor just like you do to a friend or family member.
You can say, ‘Hey Jesus, will you do me a favor?’
He will say, ‘sure, yes, I will grant (I Myself will do it for you) whatever you shall ask in My Name (as presenting all that I AM).”
This scripture is telling us Jesus wants to know the favor you want Him to do for you. Jesus Himself will do it for you. He loves you that much. And not only that, God gets all the glory. Will you ask Him? Will you believe He will grant you the favor you are asking for? You can, and just like it is written here.
In this teaching, the favor of God is a mindset of who you are and what you have in the Kingdom of God. So, we have provided a list of decrees and declarations below. Build up your faith with favor today and keep believing. Decree them in your life. Get them in your spirit. Let the laws of favor change your mindset to become just like Jesus.
· I am highly favored of the Lord.
· I am crowned with glory and honor.
· I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.
· I am reigning as King in life through that One-man Jesus Christ, the Messiah, in Jesus’ name.
· I declare by faith that I walk in diving favor.
· I have preferential treatment, supernatural increase, restoration, prominence, petitions granted, laws, policies, and rules changed just for me.
· I have battles won that I did not have to fight.
· The blessing and favor of God is on my life, in Jesus’ name.
· No evil can come near my dwelling, no catastrophic plans of the devil can come near me.
· Forevermore, doors are now open for me that men said were impossible to open. No obstacle can stop me. No hinderances can delay me.
· In Jesus name I am honored by my Father as I receive genuine favor that comes directly from God.
· I am special to Him. I am the object of His affection. I am the apple of His eye.
· Every morning when I wake up, I will speak and expect divine favor to go before me and surround me as a shield with good will and pleasure.
Now put the promises of God on your declarations. Below we show you and give you examples of the mind set to have after declaring favor. There shouldn’t be any more doubting that God doesn’t favor you. He does! For the promises of God are always yes, and you are in Christ (2 Corinthians 1:20). And those promises are favor. These promises you can change your life with. They affect every area of your life. Wear the devil out with them. Declare who you are, you are God’s favorite!
· I will no longer have to live one day short of the favor of God in my life.
· I don’t have to accept anything short of the favor of God.
· I’m going to put this promise on anything in my life that is trying to rob me of my favor.
· I have healing in every aspect of my life.
· The favor of God is on my body.
· The favor of God is on my finances, and I will not live in lack.
· I am debt free today.
· Because of favor God is in my life right now.
· I will not allow the devil to steal anything else from me.
· I will not have any emotional breakdowns.
· I will have fulfilling days.
· I declare peace and I can have it in Jesus’ name.
· No weapon formed against me will win.
· My favor wins every time.
· Everything in my life that has been causing me to fall and want to give up must bow to the favor in my life, in the name of Jesus.
· Because I walk in God’s favor, I possess blessings and promises so I can now be a blessing to anybody, in Jesus’ name.
· I will always have a harvest and never be empty.
· I will never be without anything spiritually, financially, or physically.
· I have all good things, nothing good will be held back from me.
Isn’t God’s favor miraculous? It is life-changing, and you have it. You have found favor with God. Your faith in God is how you obtained His favor. His favor is endless. It never runs out. Jesus is so quick to give you favors. There isn’t anything that He wouldn’t do for you. What would you like Him to do for you right now? Come on, ask Him. He is waiting for you, holding His hand out to you. All you have to do is say, "Yes Lord I believe."
God bless you